Can I carry Pets in train?
Many people worry about their pets when moving out of station as they have to leave their pets at pet houses or somewhere at friends home.
Now stop worrying friends…Indian Railways provides you an option to take your pets along with you in the train subject to some rules.
Sounds good right..! Let me tell you what are the things to be followed..
- Dogs, cats and other small animals (maximum two per passenger) can be taken in train provided that they do not endanger or cause inconvenience to other co-passengers or staff.
- Dogs must be tied with a lead at all times unless contained in a basket and cats, birds, small animals must be carried in an enclosed basket, cage or pet carrier unopened.
- Animals must not occupy seats; otherwise a charge will be levied.
- Animals are not allowed in restaurants except for blind or deaf person’s assistance dogs, which may be allowed into the restaurants.
- Blind or deaf persons guide dogs are allowed on Sleeper services provided the blind or deaf person and dog are booked into single-cabin accommodation.
- Booking for all dogs travelling in Sleepers should be made at least 48 hours in advance.
- If your pets cause any nuisance or inconvenience to other passengers you may be asked to remove it from the train or railway premises by the staff.
- When dogs are carried in the luggage coach they must be secured with chain properly.
- In AC First Class or First Class only, passenger can take his dog provided he/she reserves either a two berth or a four berth compartment paying the due charges depending upon the type of train.
- In other classes passengers are not permitted to carry the dog along with them. But it can be booked and carried in the Luggage paying the charges depending upon the type of train.
- Dogs detected un booked will be charged at six times the Luggage Scale Rate subject to a minimum of Rs.50/-.
- Dogs are not allowed to be carried in AC Sleeper, Ac chair car, sleeper class and second class coaches.
- You can take ticket for the pet in the railway parcel station.
- Charges for pet dog will be collected in the train based on the distance and weight of the pet. For hundred kilograms the passenger has to pay Rs.80. Fpr example Price for Secunderabad to Vijaywada is Rs.80; Secunderabad to Delhi is Rs.414 and for Hyderabad to Mumbai is Rs.164.
Love the animals; Start carrying your pets along with you in the journey..!